Ventana CineMad is interested in projects that are currently being developed by independent audiovisual producers based in Madrid, or in other autonomous communities, which plan to spend at least 80% of their budget in Madrid, featuring the following characteristics:
- Feature-length film projects, whether fiction, documentaryor animation.
- TV series projects, whether fiction, documentaryor animation.
- Projects with international potential.
- Registration period: coming soon in 2023
- The rules feature all the information you’ll need when it comes to the paperwork and requirements for registering your project at the 9th edition of Ventana CineMad.
All selected projects:
- Will participate in the training lab, prior to the coproduction forum.
- Will be screened publicly for potential partners and backers.
- A meeting schedule will be arrangedwith potential partners and backers, both in Spain and internationally.
- Will be eligible for monetary awards totaling more than 60,000€.
Previous editions of Ventana CineMad have featured the participation of such prestigious Spanish companies as Movistar +, TVE, Atresmedia, Telecinco Cinema, Buendía Estudio, Viacom, and more; and international companies like Komplizen (Germany), producer of Spencer from Pablo Larrain, and Toni Erdmann from Maren Ade, which premiered at Cannes and went on to win the International Critics Prize and the FIPRESCI Grand Prix; Need Productions (Belgium), which has produced such impressive projects as Clara Sola (Cannes Directors’ Fortnight 2021) and Our Mothers (Caméra d’Or Cannes 2019); and Dogwoof (UK), whose catalogue boasts 26 Oscar-nominated documentaries including Free Solo, and The Act of Killing.